Craft This Fall Floral Arrangement Perfect for the Season
Burgundy, muted coral, and pale yellows bring autumn to life inside your home.
Flowers by Joseph Richard Florals
Photography by John O'Donnell
“Our inspiration for the color palette came from the rich colors of ‘Autumn Beauty’ sunflowers — burgundy, muted coral, and pale yellows, along with cool green, velvety chocolate, deep purple, and dusty pink.”
— Joseph Richard
• Mini hydrangeas
1. Use foliage to create structure. We used a combination of lemon leaves and Italian ruscus. The foliage acts as a backdrop for the flowers and a natural grid, so the flowers spill naturally over the vase.
2. Place largest flowers first. Start with the sunflowers and dahlias.
3. Fill in with your small flowers — alstroemeria, scabiosa, mini hydrangeas, celosia. Be sure not to cut the stems too short.
4. Add your texture flowers: the yarrow, millet, and feathers.
5. For a nice surprise, place something edible, like herbs or fruit.
Using yarrow for texture and millet for movement and height completes your arrangement.