Remodel your kitchen recently? Then enter Westchester Home’s Great Kitchen Makeover Contest. We’ll feature the most elegant, functional, and beautiful winners in our winter issue.
(All Submissions must be made by homeowners in Westchester County.)
To see the official rules, get information on mailing in your entry, or upload your photos directly from this page, please continue reading below.
2011 Kitchen Makeover Contest Rules and Mailing Information
• Include high-resolution 8x10 color photographs or a CD with downloadable images (i.e., “after” shots) of the kitchen. Additional shots of special features within the kitchen are optional. Also include “before” shots; these do not need to be high-resolution. All photographs or discs must be clearly labeled with your name, address, telephone number, and location of the home. Westchester Home assumes no responsibility for lost or damaged entry materials. We cannot return photographs or discs. Photographs submitted will be considered publishable by Westchester Home. Entry must include written authorization from the photographer and any other copyright holder to use and publish the photographs.
• While architects, builders, and interior designers may cooperate in the entry process, all entries must be submitted by homeowners, who alone are responsible for complying with these contest rules.
• The home must be an occupied residence in Westchester County. Homes that are for sale during the contest period are not eligible for consideration.
• The kitchen cannot have appeared in any regional or national publication. This includes print materials, magazine, newspaper, advertisements, etc.
• Entries will be judged on the basis of the kitchen’s (1) use of new materials and appliances; (2) innovation in design choices; (3) overall impression; and (4) other factors the judges deem appropriate.
• Homeowners must be willing to be identified by name and town, to be available for an interview, and to sign a release authorizing publication and promotional use.
• Award-winning entries may not be published in any other publication without written consent from Westchester Home until March 1, 2011.
• Westchester Home may deem it necessary to commission photography in addition to what was submitted by the entrant. Award-winning kitchens must be available at a specified time for photography. Commissioned photographs of the award-winning
kitchens are the sole property of Westchester Home.
• Entrants agree to abide by these official rules.
• Westchester Home and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and agents assume no liability for lost, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, incorrect, altered, illegible, or postage-due entries.
• By entering this contest, entrants release Westchester Home, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and agents from any liability arising from participation in this contest. Entries must be postmarked by January 15, 2010 and sent to:
Westchester Home Great Kitchen Makeover Contest
100 Clearbrook Road
Elmsford, NY 10523
Fill out the fields below to enter