Cauliflower Puree: “Faux Mashed Potatoes” (Recipe)
Recipe courtesy of Westchester cook Mike Zollner
1 head cauliflower (florets only, no stems)
3 Tbsp high-quality EVOO (optional)
1 head roasted garlic (optional)
½ cup fat-free Greek yogurt
3 Tbsp grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (optional)
Salt, pepper, and seasonings to taste (I like to add chipotle pepper)
Rosemary to taste
- Place cauliflower florets in a large microwave-proof bowl and seal with plastic wrap.
- Microwave cauliflower on high for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove plastic wrap from bowl, season with salt, pepper, oil, and roasted garlic.
- Puree with an immersion (stick) blender for 3 minutes. If you do not have an immersion blender, you can use a food processor.
- Add ½ cup fat-free Greek yogurt and puree for an additional minute
- Mix in Parmigiano-Reggiano and serve
For more recipes, click here.