What We’ve Heard and What We’re Talking About This March
Like Jean-Georges’ highly-anticipated Inn at Pound Ridge.
1. Power couple Maya Lin, designer of the Washington, DC, Vietnam memorial, and noted art collector Daniel Wolf are buying the former Yonkers City Jail and turning the 10,000-square-foot waterfront venue into a mixed studio, gallery, exhibition, performance, and loft space. So artsy.
2. You must be living under a rock if: You haven’t yet made reservations at the highly-anticipated The Inn at Pound Ridge by Jean-Georges (see page 120).
3. Licensed Clinical Social Worker Mark Bernardini pled guilty to sexually abusing a 19-year-old woman and a 12-year-old boy while “counseling” each in his North Salem home and Bronxville office. At press time, he was due to face sentencing on February 19.
4. The 2014 Miss New York USA and Miss New York Teen USA pageants took place in late January at Purchase College. Local contenders were robbed blind (by actual upstaters).
5. Agreed on: $274 million in vital public infrastructure investments in the County this year, $86 million more than in 2013. So, about those post-snow potholes...