Embrace Your Inner Early-Bird
How to make early-morning workouts a part of your life.
Sometimes you just need to “trick” your body into waking up early until it becomes habit, says Carla Bueti, owner and operator of Westchester Adventure Boot Camp in Somers. With a 5:30 a.m. boot camp on her teaching schedule for more than a decade, Bueti knows all the tricks of the early-morning-workout trade:
1. Sleep in your workout clothes so you wake up ready to go.
2. Put your alarm clock across the room.
3. Make it a date. Schedule an early morning workout date so you can’t skip.
4. Leave a glass of water on the nightstand to chug the moment you awake.
5. Splash a little cold water on your face.