Pop-Quiz: Wrapped in Westchester
Take our pop quiz to gauge your local yuletide smarts.
Lily | Fotolia
'Twas the night before Christmas in Westchesterland, so we crafted a quiz, which asks for your hand. Guaranteed to upend the most dour of frowns, we’ve covered White Plains and Yonkers and good ol’ Yorktown. So revel in this offering of holiday cheer, and to all a good yuletide and Happy New Year!
1. How many LED lights does White Plains reportedly use for its Winter Wonderland spectacle each season, and what will be the height of its Christmas tree this year?
A. 750,000/24 feet C. 2,500,000/40 feet
B. 1,500,000/32 feet D. 5,000,000/48 feet
2. Which Westchester native starred in a 2006 Christmas film in which siblings get snowbound at an airport?
A. Tyler James Williams, Unaccompanied Minors
B. Nicola Peltz, Deck the Halls
C. Ashley Williams, Christmas in Evergreen
D. Andrew Daly, Big Miracle
3. According to the December 2016 issue of Westchester Magazine, how high was the county’s tallest menorah?
A. 10 feet B. 20 feet
C. 30 feet D. 40 feet
4. Country singer and Yorktown native Jessica Lynn sang which iconic Christmas song at the Paramount Theatre in Peekskill?
A. “Silent Night” B. “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”
C. “Santa Baby” D. “Let It Snow”
5. Which Christmas tradition was Westchester resident Washington Irving NOT responsible for popularizing in America?
A. A sleigh pulled by a reindeer
B. Hanging mistletoe
C. Santa Claus depositing gifts in chimney-hung stockings
D. Singing Christmas carols
To see how well you fared, click here.