Join the Greater Ossining community in our annual celebration of Earth Day. Ossining’s 5th Annual Earth Day Festival at Louis B. Engel Waterfront Park will be on April 19th from 11am-4pm. Bring the family and your friends. Learn how to live a more sustainable life, visit artisan vendors, and enjoy food and live music on the Hudson River. This year, we pay special tribute to the life and legacy of Pete Seeger by sharing threads of his teachings in both action and song throughout the day.
For more information please visit greenossining.org. We hope to see you there!
Hosted by Green Ossining with sponsorship support from a variety of community businesses, featured events of the day include:
• Artisan Vendors
• Athletic Swap- Sports & Recreation Equipment: Do you have sports equipment your kids may have outgrown such as bats, skates, rackets, cleats, sticks and/or protective gear? Is there sports equipment you may need? Come on down and swap!
• Delicious Local Food
• Craft Beer
• E-Waste: Bring your E-Waste down and we’ll even show you how it can be re-purposed, re-used and recycled (and even provide a tax-deductible receipt!) • Drum Circle: Come on down and bring your own drum/instrument and participate in this moving musical community gathering.
• Local “Green” Services/ Product Vendors available for sharing green practices and products. Come learn about using eco-friendly products, as well as how to save money by reducing your carbon footprint!
• Live Music: Honoring the music of Pete Seeger, join us and organizers Mike & Miriam Risko for a day of live music with a range of local musicians focusing on covers of Peter’s work.
• Do-It-Yourself Crafts
• Kid-Focused Activities
• Community Organizations: All existing to help you! Learn more about the variety of groups in our own backyard.
Suzie Ross or Lauren Brois
Bedford,Chappaqua,Cortlandt Manor,Croton-On-Hudson,Dobbs Ferry,Hastings-On-Hudson,Irvington,Katonah,Mount Kisco,Ossining,Peekskill,Pleasantville,Tarrytown,White Plains
We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of this information. However, you should always call ahead to confirm dates, times, location, and other information.