Test Your Sudsy Knowledge With This Westchester Beer Quiz
National Beer Day is April 7.
Westchesterites love their homegrown suds as much as anyone else. So, in recognition of National Beer Day, we thought we’d test your knowledge of our top-shelf local craft breweries. (Caution: Those who score 100% may need to consult a professional.)
1. In terms of IBU, what is the most bitter brew you can find at Yonkers Brewing Co.?
a. Mo’Citra (Double IPA)
b. Hop Runner (IPA)
c. Bake Sale (Oatmeal Stout)
d. 914 (Vienna Lager)
2. How many barrels of beer does Elmsford’s Captain Lawrence Brewing Co. brew annually?
3. How many varieties of beer does Broken Bow Brewery in Tuckahoe offer in its tasting room annually?
4. Which one of these sweet treats inspired a fan-favorite beer at Mamaroneck’s Decadent Ales?
a. Pecan pie
d. Reese’s Pieces
5. What was the first brewery (that’s still standing) to open in Westchester?
a. Peekskill Brewery
b. Yonkers Brewing Co.
c. Captain Lawrence Brewing Co.
d. Broken Bow Brewery