The Ultimate Guide To Westchester Quiz
Test out your knowledge of Westchester County, and enter for a chance to win a $100 dining gift card.
The USS Westchester County was a tank landing ship in what county (see question 5)?
1. Which CEO was born in Westchester?
A. Larry Page (Google)
B. Marissa Mayer (Yahoo)
C. Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook)
D. Jack Dorsey (Twitter)
2. Which Westchester college has the largest undergraduate student body?
A. Westchester Community College
B. Purchase College
C. Iona College
D. Manhattanville College
3. “Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters,” famous for training the X-Men, is located in which town?
A. Croton Falls
B. North Salem
C. Bedford Village
4. Which high school did NFL Hall of Fame wide receiver Art Monk attend?
A. Archbishop Stepinac High School
B. Harrison High School
C. New Rochelle High School
D. White Plains High School
5. Ahoy! The USS Westchester County (LST-1167) was a tank landing ship in the US Navy. Which war was it used in?
A. World War I
B. World War II
C. The Vietnam War
D. The Korean War
6. Which of the following rappers is NOT from Westchester?
C. 50 Cent
D. Styles P
7. Which beloved children’s book did a Mount Vernon author write?
A. To Kill a Mockingbird
B. Charlotte’s Web
C. Where the Wild Things Are
D. The Giving Tree
8. The oldest home in Westchester is the Timothy Knapp House in Rye. In which decade was it built?
9. Rob Astorino is best known as Westchester County executive. Which other job did he once have?
A. Law professor at Pace University
B. Radio producer at ESPN 1050 AM
C. Engineer at IBM
D. Superintendent of Mount Vernon school district
10. Which actor, who is best known for action films, moved to Bedford in late 2014?
A. Bruce Willis
B. Liam Neeson
C. Daniel Craig
D. Mel Gibson
11. Which is the wealthiest neighborhood in Westchester in terms of median household income?
A. Purchase in Harrison
B. Murray Hill-Heathcote in Scarsdale
C. Sterling Ridge in Harrison
D. Greenhaven in Rye
12. Which destination does the Hudson Line of the Metro-North Railroad NOT reach?
C. Cold Spring
D. Hyde Park
13. Which restaurant offers the Los Amigos cocktail, made with Casamigos silver, watermelon, and mint?
A. Chat 19 in Larchmont
B. bartaco in Port Chester
C. Bridgeview Tavern in Sleepy Hallow
D. Sofrito in White Plains
14. Which minority group has the largest percentage of Westchester’s population?
C. African American
D. Both B and C are equal
15. Where does Teatown Lake Reservation’s annual EagleFest take place?
A. Kensico Dam Plaza
B. Croton Point Park
C. FDR Park
For answers and a chance to win a $100 dining gift card, go to westchestermagazine.com/ultimateguidequiz