Great Medical Programs – Westmed Pediatrics
Caring for a child is never just a one-person job. The experienced professionals of the Westmed Pediatrics Department focus on a team-based approach in order to properly care for babies, children and adolescents across six multidisciplinary office locations* in Westchester and Fairfield counties.
How is Westmed different from other pediatric practices? Westmed’s board-certified pediatricians offer comprehensive care to help your child maintain optimal health throughout his/her childhood.
General pediatrics patients at Westmed also benefit from child-friendly radiology and lab services directly onsite, which allows diagnostic care to be centralized in one location, and can reduce the need for emergency room visits.
When specialized care is needed, the Westmed team is also able to refer to our highly skilled pediatric subspecialists who are trained in areas such as Neurology, Cardiology, Dermatology, Pulmonology and more. Sports physicals needed? Allergies wreaking havoc on your little ones? The doctors and staff at each Westmed location are ready to schedule your child for whatever type of visit he/she needs.
General Pediatric Care: Our pediatricians welcome babies into the world with their first check-up and continue to partner with you to keep your children healthy through their formative years. Parents are advised to follow the schedule for infant and well-child exams and immunizations.
A Partner in Preventive Health (Annual Physicals): Scheduling an annual physical for your child is a critical step to ensuring his/her health and wellness throughout the years. During an annual physical, our pediatricians have a chance to monitor your child’s growth and development. Whether in the newborn months, the preteen years or the teen years, the Westmed team will take the time to listen to your questions and concerns, and help guide your family on a path to healthy.
Sick Visits: When your child is feeling not-so-well, this team wants to make sure you get the care you need, when you need it. Families are encouraged to call the pediatrician’s office right away, or schedule a sick visit online to ensure your child receives care as soon as possible.
Other Benefits That Make Westmed Pediatrics a Great Medical Program:
• Online appointment scheduling. Just select a pediatrician and office location to find available appointment times, and schedule your child’s next visit.
• Child-friendly lab and radiology services on-site, allowing patients to receive results and appropriate treatment plans faster.
• On-demand access to a Westmed telephone triage nurse who is trained to advise you on how to handle routine issues, and help you decide if your child needs to be seen by the doctor.
• A nurse’s schedule available for flu immunizations during the busiest flu shot months, typically October and November.
• Saturday appointments for sick visits
• The My Westmed online patient portal allows patients to send secure messages directly to your child’s pediatrician on non-urgent matters such as diet or sleep concerns, potty training, behavioral issues, medication refills or lab results. Please ask the staff to enroll your child for our online portal at your next in-person trip to the office.
• The free My Westmed mobile app is also available for download via the App Store and Google Play. Here, patients unlock the same great features that the My Westmed portal offers, right at your fingertips.
*Westmed offers Pediatric Services at 210 Westchester Avenue, White Plains; 1 Theall Road, Rye; 3030 Westchester Avenue, Purchase; Ridge Hill in Yonkers, 171 Huguenot Street in New Rochelle and 644 W. Putnam Ave. in Greenwich.
For a complete list of Services offered by Westmed, please go to: https://www.westmedgroup.com/services/pediatrics/overview