transFORM's Tips For Working At Home
It’s safe to say, Winter is in full swing! If you live on the East Coast you’ve already experienced the wrath of the ‘Bomb Cyclone’, which was unfortunately, just the beginning of this season's bleak weather. With shorter, darker and colder days, it’s nearly impossible to stay motivated, especially when local conditions prevent you from making it into office. In theory, working from home seems ideal, but it can also be very intimidating.
Here’s 5 Tips To Mastering The Art Of Working From Home
1. Declutter and Designate. First things first, working from home can be great - unless your home is a disaster. It’s extremely important to declutter your space, especially if there is snow in the forecast. And while setting up shop on your bed and/or kitchen table may sound sufficient, it may not be the best setting for completing tasks. Instead, think about carving out a space in your home dedicated solely to working. However, if there is a lack of square footage, maintaining a multi-purpose area like a living room nook, spare bedroom, or closet might be your best option for working at home. Just make sure your area has a desk and comfortable chair as you’ll be there for long stretches of time.
2. Dress for Success. Unless you’re a pajama designer sampling your latest creation, resist the urge to wear your pajamas all day. Rather than staying comfy, get dressed as if you were going to the office. This doesn’t mean you have to put on a formal suit, but looking presentable will put you in a good mood and prepare you for the busy day ahead.
3. Set Your Schedule. It’s important to create a routine that you can commit to. Think of your normal hours and stick to them. Of course if you have children you’ll need to work around their schedules. However, you must make time to finish any important tasks before the end of the day. If you’re required to be in the office at 9:00 a.m., then you should start at 9:00 a.m. when working at home. The same goes for the company’s closing time.
4. Stay Organized. Invest in work supplies to keep you on track. A planner, calendar, and agenda are useful tools to plan ahead. If you’re more tech-savvy, you can also do this digitally using online calendars and productivity apps. Additionally, a master to-do list, organized by deadlines is extremely helpful for setting and mastering goals.
5. Take a Break. While you should resist the temptation of lounging and binge watching tv on your couch, you should incorporate a few breaks into your schedule. Movement increases productivity, so stand up and stretch or venture outside for some fresh air. Allot yourself a lunch break and grab an energy-boosting snack to refuel your body for the remainder of the day.
As the name hints, transFORM excels at taking the banal and turning it into something special and unique, seamlessly integrating custom built-ins with the homeowners decor and lifestyle. These products include closets, dressing rooms, wall beds, home offices, libraries, wall units, pantries, media centers, mudrooms, utility rooms, laundry rooms and more. The unique thing about transFORM is that they design, engineer and manufacture in one central location. They also have their own team of professional installers. And while the the products are crafted locally, transFORM sources some of the most luxurious materials from throughout the world. To schedule a free in-home consultation visit transformhome.com or call/text (914) 500-1000.