5 Tips for a Quick and Easy Summer Home Makeover
Are you excited for summer? We sure are. That means it’s time to put a fresh face on your home to maximize your enjoyment of the season and wow guests when they come over for your next barbecue. Take a look at our tips for giving your home a quick and easy summer makeover.
1. Shake it up. Rearrange your home for summer by moving around your seating, houseplants and artwork. Split up the sectional couch for a more open and spacious look. Switch out pillows, throws and area rugs with items that have bright and fun summer colors and patterns.
2. Brighten up your days. Replace heavy curtains with linens and silky fabrics for a more sheer and airy look that let’s the light in and helps the space to feel more open to the outdoors. Then give your windows and shades a fresh cleaning to be sure you’re getting the most out of the sunny days to come.
3. Set the mood. Switch out your home decor for new items that remind you of summer. Start fresh by taking all of your decorations off the shelves, tables and mantles and put them in storage. Then think about what makes summer feel like summer to you when adding new items. Make the space your own with tropical and nautical decorations, wicker and rattan, and bold colors and patterns that come from warmer parts of the world.
4. Make a place to relax and read. Move the couch or ottoman close to your favorite window with a view to create a summer lounge. If you are feeling extra adventurous, throw a slipcover on the couch or ottoman to update its look and color for summer. Then put a stack of books and magazines you want to read in the windowsill to make it official.
5. Bring the outdoors in. Add fresh cut flowers to the most used areas of your home. Enhance their look with clear, green and blue glass vases. Make a summer wreath for the front door or entryway from flowers and blooming branches. Liven up your centerpieces for summer. Bring something home with you from your next to trip to the beach and get creative with items found on Summer trips to make a centerpiece that comes with fun memories and stories.