Recipe: Lobster Cobb Salad
Finesse this picture-perfect salad for your foodie friends.
Photo By Paul Johnson
Try out this recipe for a bright, picture-perfect lobster cobb salad, courtesy of Moderne Barn Executive Chef Ethan Kostbar, for your next summer get-together.
Serves 4-5 people
Cobb Salad Dressing:
¼ cup water
½ ounce red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
¼ cup lemon juice
½ ounce Worcestershire sauce
1 ounce dry mustard
1 each garlic clove
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Mix ingredients in blender until creamy and emulsified.
2. Season salt and white pepper to taste.
(2 each) Maine Hard Shell Lobster 1 pound each
1. Bring a large pot to a boil and add salt.
2. Cook the lobster whole for 14 minutes.
3. Submerge the lobster in ice water for 10 minutes.
4. Remove tail, claw, and knuckle meat from carcasses.
5. Cut lobster meat medium dice.
6. Marinate in the dressing and a sprinkle of salt.
1 head romaine hearts, chopped
1 tablespoon tarragon, chopped
¼ cup blue cheese, crumbled
3 each cooked bacon, chopped
1 dill pickle, chopped
1 avocado, diced
1 ½ hardboiled eggs, cut in quarters
¼ cup croutons
1 heirloom tomato, diced or cut in wedges
1. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, including lobster and dressing, mix and serve.