8 Westchester Residents Make The Forbes 400 Richest List
Westchester places more on list than any other New York county outside of the city.
The cut off to make the Forbes 400 "Richest People In America" list is higher than ever, but the report is still dotted with Westchester residents.
The barrier to be included this year was $1.8 billion, a 10 percent increase from last year's record setting number. The list includes 8 Westchester residents, more than any other county in the state outside of New York City.
• Tops on the list was hedge fund manager and Katonah resident George Soros, who placed 16th with a net worth estimated to be $24.5 billion. Soros place is a spot higher than on last year's list, as Forbes estimates his net worth grew about $500 million in the past year.
• Scarsdale resident and hedge fund manager Daniel Och was next. He ranks 171 on the list with an estimated net worth of $3.5 billion. He actually fell just a bit from his place at 145 year before. Forbes estimates his net worth has decreased about $200 million since last year.
• David Rockefeller, Sr., who turned 100 in June, is the world's oldest billionaire. He's also a Sleepy Hollow resident. He came in at 211 with an estimated net worth of $3 billion. His money, in case you're from a distant planet and hadn't heard the Rockefeller name before, is partly from Standard Oil (founded by his dad, John Rockefeller) but was also expanded upon during his time as CEO and chairman of Chase National Bank.
• David Siegel, a Scarsdale resident, made the list for the first time. He ranks 234 with an estimated net worth of $2.8 billion. He's the co-founder of Two Sigma Investments, which Forbes described as "one of the fast growing hedge funds in the business."
Related: Meet one of the gatekeepers of the Forbes 400.
• Bedford resident Nelson Peltz ranks 358 with $1.9 billion. He's the founder of Trian Fund Management.
• Thomas Secunda, of Croton-on-Hudson, tied Peltz at 358 with the same estimated net worth, though Forbes real time net worth tracker ranks Secunda slightly lower than Peltz, at $1.86 billion. Secunda is the co-founder of Bloomberg L.P. (you can probably guess who the other founder is).
• David Einhorn, a hedge-fund manager whose listed place of residence is simply "Westchester County," came in at 375 with an estimated net worth of $1.8 billion.
• Rounding out the list for Westchester is Leonard Schleifer. The founder and CEO of pharmaceutical company Regeneron's estimated net worth of $1.8 billion tied him with Einhorn at 375 on the list. This is Schleifer's first time on the 400 list. His company's stock has climbed more than 50 percent in the past year. He lives in Tarrytown.
Westchester resident and investor David Gottesman just missed this year's list, with an estimated net worth of $1.6 billion.
As for big names that aren't residents but have Westchester ties, there's Mark Zuckerberg, who ranks 7th on the list. Before founding Facebook and becoming worth an estimated $40.3 billion, Zuckerberg was born in White Plains and took computer courses as a 12 year old at Mercy College in Dobbs Ferry.
And, of course, there's The Donald. Trump placed 121 with an estimated net worth of $4.5 billion.
Check out the full list here.